Phase II Study of Gemcitabine and Cisplatin
Official Title: Phase II Study of Gemcitabine and Cisplatin in Unresectable Malignant Mesothelioma
Rationale: Drugs used in chemotherapy use different ways to stop tumor cells from dividing so they stop growing or die. Combining more than one drug may kill more tumor cells.
Purpose: Phase II trial to study the effectiveness of gemcitabine plus cisplatin in treating patients with malignant mesothelioma of the pleura that cannot be removed by surgery.
- Estimate overall survival and confirmed and unconfirmed complete and partial response in patients with unresectable malignant mesothelioma of the pleura treated with gemcitabine plus cisplatin.
- Evaluate the qualitative and quantitative toxicities of this regimen in this patient population.
- Eligibility: Male and female mesothelioma patients 18 years of age or older.
- Primary Purpose: Treatment
Date and Locations:
- Study Start Date: February 1999
National Institutes of Health