Phase II Study of Gemcitabine and Cisplatin
Trial NCT00003723 Official Title:
Phase II Study of Gemcitabine and Cisplatin in Unresectable Malignant Mesothelioma Rationale:
Drugs used in chemotherapy use different ways to stop tumor cells from dividing so they stop growing or die. Combining more than one drug may kill more tumor cells. Purpose:
Phase II trial to study the effectiveness of gemcitabine plus cisplatin in treating patients with malignant mesothelioma of the pleura that cannot be removed by surgery. Objectives:
- Estimate overall survival and confirmed and unconfirmed complete and partial response in patients with unresectable malignant mesothelioma of the pleura treated with gemcitabine plus cisplatin.
- Evaluate the qualitative and quantitative toxicities of this regimen in this patient population.
- Eligibility: Male and female mesothelioma patients 18 years of age or older.
Date and Locations:
- Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Study Start Date: February 1999
Reference: National Institutes of Health